Brand CoordinatorMinimize this position
Torn Banner is looking for a dynamic and energetic Brand Coordinator to assume the responsibilities of overseeing the studio’s Marketing and Public Relations efforts.
The Brand Coordinator will be responsible for developing, managing, executing and analyzing the marketing strategies and go-to-market plans for all of Torn Banner’s brands. The Brand Coordinator will direct and manage the development of the Advertising, Public Relations, Promotions, Event Planning, and Digital Marketing activities. The Brand Coordinator may also act as the direct liaison between external Marketing & PR agencies and Torn Banner. This is both a product and company-level position.
The Brand Coordinator must be prepared not only to drive and direct Torn Banner’s Marketing efforts but also to get the detailed work done themselves as needed. We work as a team and you must be willing to also. This position will be ever-evolving and you must be willing to evolve with it and be flexible.
What we are really looking for is a unicorn. A legendary beast of yore with marketing prowess pumping through their veins. Someone who wakes up in the morning and has a bowl of overwhelming responsibility for breakfast and washes it down with a tall glass of marketing inspiration and passion for gaming.
The right candidate must possess the following skills and background:
- At least 3-5 years of experience of product or brand management, with a firm understanding of the full marketing mix.
- ABSOLUTELY MUST have been involved with marketing on at least one game title at launch
- Willing to relocate to Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- An excellent team player
- Strong interest, passion, and understanding of the video game industry
- An intricate awareness and understanding of the Steam platform, as well as other online sales platforms and how to best utilize them (PSN, Xbox Live).
- Experience in marketing to a global audience, including working with localization
- Develop and define marketing pillars, positioning and target audience
- Execute marketing plans with defined budgets, time, and quality
- Manage the development of game assets (trailers, demos, screenshots) using personal skills, internal resources, contractors and creative agencies
- Managing social media/all of our web presences
- Comfortable in front of a camera – public speaking
- Championing ad/marketing campaigns
- Driving Media efforts to create the best looking promotions around our product possible
- Fundamental understanding of the games industry
- Experience with product launches and updates – all stages of development
- In-depth knowledge of and ability to leverage the Steam store as a platform (and PSN, Xbox Live)
- Experience building/maintaining business relationships
Super big pluses:
- Community management experience would be phenomenal
- Examples of online presence
- Experience with the creation of video content
- Basic knowledge of photoshop
The ideal candidate will be equally comfortable taking a data-led approach to marketing, as well as crafting new experimental approaches. A passionate advocate for promotion of the company and games, dedicated to the craft of marketing and excited about working in an agile, collaborative environment where you will be an integral part of the production process. It is also essential that candidates are excited about the endless potential of games, and how to maximize our exposure to people with the games that we make.
Now comes the hard part: Prove to us that you are able to do this job…nay, to live this life! Show us you’ve got what it takes to coordinate our brand to the bitter end, holding that standard high even in the face of unfathomable odds.
Send your cover letter, resume, and any supplemental materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Brand Coordinator” and your Steam ID in the subject field.
Don’t see a current position for your skillset but believe you would make an awesome addition to our team? email careers@Tornbanner.com