Senior Multiplayer Level DesignerMinimize this position
Torn Banner is seeking an absolutely phenomenal Senior Multiplayer Level Designer to help drive our level design efforts in our super secret “unannounced Unreal 4 Project” and future projects.
Our ideal candidate possesses a mastery of multiplayer map design and layout, with a deep understanding of the relationship between level geometry and the creation of a balanced multiplayer experience. This individual must demonstrate strong communication skills with the ability to work effectively within a large cross-disciplinary team. They should be driven by a passion to build an industry-leading multiplayer experience.
The Multiplayer Level Designer must be prepared not only to drive and direct Level Design efforts but also to get the detailed work done themselves. We work as a team and you must be willing to also. This position will be ever-evolving and you must be willing to evolve with it and be flexible.
- 4+ years of professional game development experience as a level designer. At least 1 shipped title.
- An exceptional portfolio of work that exemplifies the creation of high quality level designs for multiplayer fps games.
- Ability to display process work such as paper maps, grey box levels, and documentation.
- Expert within the Unreal Engine or equivalent engines.
- Knowledge of building levels with modular assets.
- Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Willingness to iterate and improve upon designs based on feedback and playtesting.
- Ability to provide in depth critique.
- Motivated and self-driven.
- Able to speak and write in English.
- Willingness to move to Toronto.
- Creative, iterate from concept to blockout and final product.
- Dynamic environment adapting levels to gameplay ruleset.
- Work with designers, artists, and other level designers to deliver multiplayer environments that embody the creative vision of the game.
- Drive the design of your levels from paper design to shipping product.
- Spearhead the collaborative process with other designers, artists, animators and engineers to create levels that are not only incredibly fun, but look great and run well.
- Prioritize and self-manage to meet deadlines.
Super Big Pluses:
- Kismet or blueprint experience.
- 3D pipeline knowledge.
- Mod community experience.
- Knowledge of architecture.
Send your cover letter, resume, and any supplemental materials to email@example.com with “Senior Multiplayer Level Designer” and your Steam ID in the subject field.
Environment ArtistExpand this position
AnimatorExpand this position
Don’t see a current position for your skillset but believe you would make an awesome addition to our team? email careers@Tornbanner.com