Senior Multiplayer Level DesignerMinimize this position
Torn Banner is seeking an absolutely phenomenal Senior Multiplayer Level Designer to help drive our level design efforts in our super secret “unannounced Unreal 4 Project” and future projects.
Our ideal candidate possesses a mastery of multiplayer map design and layout, with a deep understanding of the relationship between level geometry and the creation of a balanced multiplayer experience. This individual must demonstrate strong communication skills with the ability to work effectively within a large cross-disciplinary team. They should be driven by a passion to build an industry-leading multiplayer experience.
The Multiplayer Level Designer must be prepared not only to drive and direct Level Design efforts but also to get the detailed work done themselves. We work as a team and you must be willing to also. This position will be ever-evolving and you must be willing to evolve with it and be flexible.
- 4+ years of professional game development experience as a level designer. At least 1 shipped title.
- An exceptional portfolio of work that exemplifies the creation of high quality level designs for multiplayer fps games.
- Ability to display process work such as paper maps, grey box levels, and documentation.
- Expert within the Unreal Engine or equivalent engines.
- Knowledge of building levels with modular assets.
- Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Willingness to iterate and improve upon designs based on feedback and playtesting.
- Ability to provide in depth critique.
- Motivated and self-driven.
- Able to speak and write in English.
- Willingness to move to Toronto.
- Creative, iterate from concept to blockout and final product.
- Dynamic environment adapting levels to gameplay ruleset.
- Work with designers, artists, and other level designers to deliver multiplayer environments that embody the creative vision of the game.
- Drive the design of your levels from paper design to shipping product.
- Spearhead the collaborative process with other designers, artists, animators and engineers to create levels that are not only incredibly fun, but look great and run well.
- Prioritize and self-manage to meet deadlines.
Super Big Pluses:
- Kismet or blueprint experience.
- 3D pipeline knowledge.
- Mod community experience.
- Knowledge of architecture.
Send your cover letter, resume, and any supplemental materials to email@example.com with “Senior Multiplayer Level Designer” and your Steam ID in the subject field.
Quality Assurance LeadMinimize this position
Torn Banner is seeking an absolutely stupendous Quality Assurance Lead to help drive our Quality Assurance efforts in our super secret “unannounced Unreal 4 Project” and future projects.
The Quality Assurance Lead will be responsible for developing, managing, executing and analyzing the Testing strategies used to create and maintain our products. The Quality Assurance Lead will directly manage the development of the playtesting methodology, bug reporting, and all Quality Assurance related activities. They may also act as the direct liaison between external QA agencies and Torn Banner.
The Quality Assurance Lead must be prepared not only to drive and direct Quality Assurance efforts but also to get the detailed work done themselves. We need someone with a lead attitude, but who will be working with both internal staff and external testers.
While the Torn Banner team will help out when possible with QA tasks, be aware that this position is currently for a one person department and as a result, we need someone fully committed and wholly responsible for all matters of product quality.
- At least 3+ years of experience of quality assurance experience, with a firm knowledge of the game development pipeline of all departments, with at least 1 shipped title on PC or Consoles.
- Necessary to have a solid understanding of QA methodologies, testing techniques, and game development lifecycles.
- Develop and define QA best practices.
- Experience with product launches and updates – all stages of development.
- Ability to identify issues and how to replicate them.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Critical problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Manage the development of both internal and external testing solutions. This will include in-house playtests, using external companies, blind testing, and effectively leveraging the community to report bugs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, keep up with fast-paced schedules and learn new technologies quickly and effectively.
- An excellent team player.
- Strong interest, passion, and understanding of the video game industry.
- Willing to relocate to Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- In this role, you will produce and execute Test Plans and Test Cases to meet functional requirements on our games.
- Identify and log bug reports and manage through to resolution by working with appropriate development resources.
- You will demonstrate your ability to communicate your Test Results and possess very strong analytical and organizational skills focusing on QA test process and its relationship to producing a quality end product.
- Constant mind on process/workflow improvement, how to work smarter, not harder.
- Managing both internal staff testing and external testing.
- Leveraging our community for testing.
- Managing external bug tracking.
- Initiative in defining resources necessary for the department to function more effectively.
Super Big Pluses:
- Community management experience would be phenomenal.
- Desire to learn other skillsets in game development.
- Experience as a Test Engineer.
- Unreal Engine experience.
- Scripting knowledge and/or test automation experience.
Send your cover letter, resume, and any supplemental materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Quality Assurance Lead” and your Steam ID in the subject field.
Don’t see a current position for your skillset but believe you would make an awesome addition to our team? email careers@Tornbanner.com